[Cross-posted on Blue Mass Group.]
By now, we all know that Republican Scott Brown cited the Supreme Court's most extreme right-winger, Antonin Scalia, as his "model" Justice. But what does that mean? What is the Scalia record that is so extreme? Here are some important examples:
· Scalia called the Roe v. Wade-protected right to privacy "utterly idiotic."
· Scalia ruled against Equal Pay in the Lilly Ledbetter case.
· Scalia sees no Constitutional protection against gender discrimination.
· Scalia thinks hand-held rocket launchers may be protected by the Second Amendment.
· Scalia argued that there is nothing unconstitutional about executing the "actually" innocent.
Yeah. Extreme. And he's Republican Scott Brown's "model" Justice. With four septuagenarian Supreme Court Justices, the highest court in the land could see significant turnover in the next six years. To paraphrase Brown, "Can you imagine nine Justice Scalias down there?"
However, it's not enough that you know the Scalia record that Republican Scott Brown so admires and sees as a "model" for Supreme Court Justices. You have to spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors, classmates, and co-workers. To help, click on the below graphic to Share it on Facebook. Also, re-Tweet the graphic to your tweet-peeps on Twitter. As Brown tries his best to mislead about his real record, it's up to all of us to hold him accountable!